Thursday, November 27, 2008

That Moment When You Realize...


Yesterday Michael and I took pictures together to send out to family and friends that may have not seen us in awhile. As I was scrolling through the proofs, I realized that Michael and I actually look older now. You might be saying, Duh! But, what I'm talking about is a distinct moment in my life in which time stopped and it dawned on me that I'm a real adult. Wow...


I look back at pictures of us college (and even graduate school) and I see such different people in those pictures. This feeling of new found adulthood and maturity fortified when I greeted many of my relatives today for the first time in a long time. I didn't feel like the little grandbaby that I once was. I see my younger cousins and sister as the little grandkids and myself as their role model. It's a good feeling. Although, I must admit... Id like the aging to slow down a bit. Michael will be 24 Tuesday, December 2, 2008. Geez, where does the time go?!




Oh! PS: The engagement party is in a few days...I'm super excited. I'll be sure to report back.

1 comment:

Amy said...

yall are gorgeous, grown and sexy! i can't wait to see you on saturday!