Friday, December 5, 2008

Where Do the Thank You's End?

The engagement party was a HUGE success (largely in part to my 2 assistants). The setup was beautiful and the food was delicious. Over 40 guests joined Michael and I to celebrate our engagement.

My family really worked hard to put together an amazing event. My dear cousin, did my make-up and put together all my floral arrangements FROM SCRATCH. Did I mention she's 8 months pregnant?! My grandfather made the official announcement of our engagement with the assistance of my dad and Michael. My dad put together a playlist for the evening and setup his speaker system to ensure our guests were entertained. My dear friend Gail made stuffed mushrooms for the buffet table. All the other goodies were created by my lovely assistant Jessica Knox. (Weird she has my name, I know). My other assitant Oanh decorated the foyer and dining areas in shades of pink and brown. My grandmother and cousin Nita jumped in to help Oanh and Jessica K manage the party as the guests began to flood the foyer. Oh and the guests...the guests...Michael and I were so very delighted to see so many of our friends from California. It was truly a memorable event. Words cannot express how thankful Michael and I are to all of our family and friends. This was an evening we will remember for years to come.

Enjoy the photos from the party.

No comments: