Friday, December 24, 2010

Let the Baby Nesting begin!

We've got the unpacking bug! Along with unpacking comes the need to NEST. We have officially started the baby room. The dresser itself is quite the task. My husband opened the manual to find over 100 steps of instructions! He began separating the screws and realized this was a multiple day job. The dresser is just the beginning. Michael's dad is quite the furniture maker and he's designing a bookshelf/storage system to match our dresser and crib. We even have a gallon of the perfect shade of pink for an accent wall in her room. I'm not sure that we've formally announced the name, so please let me do that now... Mariah Gabrielle McGehee. Check out Michael working hard for his babygirl Mariah.

I have started washing everything. I'm on the very last load. Blankets clean, onesies clean, outfits clean, diapers...yes CLOTH diapers... clean! The amount of stuff a baby can have before she's even here is overwhelming! My bestie Marquet used vacuum seal bags to store all her cloth diapers and clothes. When it came time to open this gigantic bag, I commissioned my dear friend Audra to help me unload everything (picture below).


With all this baby nesting Christmas has sort of slipped to the side. We decided a tree was simply too much work at this point. So instead we hung our living room curtains which are coincidentally green and set our stacks of presents in front! Having my husband home during this holiday time has been nice and cozy. All these gifts are actually for other people. A few are for Michael and I but honestly, just having each other this Christmas is truly all I really want. (Who knows how many holidays the Marine Corps will take Daddy away from Mariah and I.) So we cherish just having this Christmas together. On that note, I should mention that if your gift is sitting among these, please know that it will be tardy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica, this is Terica I lovvve this. ...will be following along with you as you travel your many journies of motherhood and marriage!