Monday, June 22, 2009

Oh the joys of wedding planning!



With 2 months to go we are down to the final details. The wedding invitations are practically done. I'll be sticking them in the mail on Friday. We have booked our honeymoon which should be really exciting. Check out where we are going: Our HONEYMOON We have also ordered our cake from a wonderful lady name Sheri in Pflugerville, Texas. Check out her work: SevenCakes. She is really great. I'll be sure to post pictures of our cakes when we get them. Oh! How could I forget, the venue: PlantationHouse

I think those are all the updates I have. My wedding planning assistant, JK, has been an amazing partner in this process. I couldn't imagine doing this without her. She is still in Austin taking care of local errands that I need to get done. Her most recent quest has been to find a violinist to play at my wedding ceremony. We still do not have a photographer, but my dad is working on that.

Our tentative plan is to take a road trip down to Austin (from DC) the week before the wedding, get into Austin and work out the final details prior to the wedding. After which, we are off to the Virgin Islands. Then, back to Austin...packing up furniture to put in storage and back in the car up to DC. Whew! It's going to be a long August/September.

No comments: