Thursday, May 10, 2012

Home. Sweet. Home.

It's official. After 9 weeks of waiting, 7 in a hotel and 2 in a dear friend's guest room we have a new home! We are in the process of sending out change of address cards so everyone knows where to find us!
The 4 bedrooms has been a great blessing. Michael finally has his OWN office which allows him dedicated space to study. It's been really useful for him. I hung his commissioning document and USMC posters on the walls. It's super macho in there. I know he loves it. LOL. Mariah's room is a work in progress. I don't have the wall space I used to in either of her other two rooms so I'm trying to figure out what to put where. I am also working on bringing in a muted sage with the pink. I made some really cute letters to put on her wall. Chip board and scrapbook paper! WHO KNEW?!















Baby boy's room is upstairs as well. He is splitting it with the guest bed because realistically the guest bed will be empty 90% of the time. When we do have guests, he can come sleep in our room in the pack and play. I'm still sorting out what I want his room to look like. But, I'm using red, white, and blue with a vintage aviation theme. Here is the bed set I want. It's more expensive than I wanted, but it is truly perfect. Still thinking on it. :0)
Downstairs has been so fun to do. My pillows look amazing. My wall is a bit too BLUE. I wanted it to be more of a grey blue and its more of a baby blue. But I'm getting used to it. I also think once I add wall art, it won't be SO MUCH BLUE! LOL. Right now its one blue blank wall. The colors mesh well.


















My dining room is quite serene. I really enjoy the natural colors in there and the chairs from World Market are perfect. I need to finish off the guest room with headboard and new end tables. My next project is to work on our outdoor patio. I've added an outdoor rug that allows Mariah and I to walk out barefoot. I don't like standing on that dirty concrete. EWWW! Anywho. Home. Sweet. Home. Praise God!

No comments: